Saturday, November 27, 2010

Module 10

Learning Communities, Constructing Knowledge Together in Wikis
Email is not good at coordinating information amongst a group. A Wiki is a website that makes it easy for everyone to change what is on a page. Wikis are great for collaboration. A class wiki could be used for joint construction of a text. This could be used across the KLA’s, for example: novel studies where children build up a character profile or in science where children work together in a group to present research.
One of the wikis I visited was 50+ Web2.0 Ways to Tell a Story. I found this very cool piece on digital storytelling:

Why 50 Ways?

To somewhat mangle the elegant lyrics of Paul Simon
The story is all inside your head
She said to me
The answer is easy if you
Go on the web and see
I'd like to help you in your struggle
With creativity
There must be fifty web 2.0 ways
To tell a story


I joined Wikispaces and this site will be one to which I shall return to investigate digital storytelling further.

A Ning is an online platform for people to create their own social networks. Interested parties can sign up to a network to connect with people who have similar interests. I can see a benefit in signing up to nings that have educational relevance for teachers, such as Classroom2.0.
I see myself as a lifelong learner and wikis and nings provide opportunities for me to connect with other likeminded people. We can learn together in professional online communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment