Saturday, November 20, 2010

Module 2

A blog on blogging... I see the benefit of educational blogs in the classroom as online forums where children can reflect on their learning and that of others. It made me wonder...how often children in a traditional classroom have opportunities to read each other’s work. Ideally an edublog is a place where children can learn more about their own learning through collaborating with their peers. Blogs could be used across the KLAs for:
·         pretesting – What do I already know?
·         direction- What would I like to find out?
·          reporting on research
·         assessment-What have I learnt?
·         evaluation of the process- How could I learn best in the future?
I found the link http://www.educationworld.com/a_tech/techtorial/techtorial037print.shtml had useful tips for blogging ‘do’s’, such as ensuring the students follow the school’s acceptable use policy and discussing the importance of tone and respect for others' opinions. Another link I explored was http://escrapbooking.com/blogging/class.htm . This provided a wealth of information on how to use blogs in the classroom.
 I was overjoyed to find a ‘lingo’ link in a ‘blogroll’. I realised I have encountered some sites with ‘linkrot’. I fear that I’m a ‘blurker’ as I’ve spent hours lurking on other people’s edublogs soaking up their ideas; however I have left one comment on a colleague’s blog, and now feel I am more in tune with the ‘blogosphere’.
I have spent hours going from link to link. I found this quote which seemed very appropriate:


I think I need to add a blogroll to my blog to organise it all!

1 comment:

  1. Sharon, your cartoon is exactly how I feel! However as I progress through the modules I feel that either the straw is getting bigger or the water stream is a little less powerful. Your blog looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete