Friday, November 26, 2010

Module 4

Flickr allows you to store, sort, search and share your photos online. A content filter ensures you filter the content of your photos into two groups: safety level and content type, so that everyone can then apply filters to searches they do to make sure they're seeing what they want to see. A safe search is a feature that allows you to control what turns up in your searches on Flickr. Tags are keywords you add to your photos to make them easier to find later. Anyone can see your public photos on the Flickr website. Other ways to share are through your blog, by setting up and sharing a Flickr web address or using the Share This button. I now have a Flickr account where I can share my photos with the people I choose or the general public. Here are two photos from my Pacific cruise. NB I dined on the coconut crab thinking it was a type of cuisine before I discovered the prehistoric looking crab living in the bush on a Fijian Island! (They are called coconut crab because coconut is their favourite cuisine.)




 Smartcopying is a useful link to explain copyright issues. Creative Commons applies to resources such as music, filmclips and photographs. It is good to know that schools can generally use these in their projects free of charge after checking the licensing agreements.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, your photos look amazing! It's a great way to "spice up" your blog. I'm very jealous of the coconut crab adventure!

    ReplyDelete